Jennifer Dawson is an experienced writer who specializes in food and nutrition. Working in fitness marketing previously gave her a good feel for the industry and since going freelance she has been able to explore her preferred topic areas such as diet, nutrition, and food. Outside of work, Jen enjoys traveling, swimming and spending time with her young family.
While this can take the form of losing weight there are many circumstances where weight loss is not the most ideal option. We need to focus on muscular gain. Increasing the percentage of weight that is muscle as opposed to fat rather than decreasing weight in general but keeping these ratios constant.
There are five different ranges or body fat categories. Those are according to the American Council on Exercise (ACE). You can calculate your body fat percentage using the calculator here. For most women in their forties, achieving a perfect balance of body fat and muscle is well within reach.
Before reading more about the benefits of almond in building muscle, let us watch a video below:
Protein for building muscle, the natural way
Spice it up — serving suggestions
One of the healthiest and most efficient ways to gain some muscle is the classic smoothie. It’s convenient, too, requiring only the ingredients being used. And we need the food processor or blender that is the staple of most kitchens.
There is no need to tailor a recipe to conform around almonds specifically. They tend to complement any existing smoothie or shake. Either sliced and sprinkled over or blended and mixed in.
Servings: 2 – 1 1/4 cups
Calories: 313 kcal
- 1/2 cup almond milk OR other milk substitute OR water more if needed
- 1 banana ideally frozen
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter OR 12 raw almonds
- 2 servings vanilla protein powder vegan or whey
- 8 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon low fat plain Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt optional
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into the blender in the order listed, secure lid and blend until smooth.
- For Blendtec blender: Press the SMOOTHIE setting and blend for 30 seconds OR blend on Low speed for 10 seconds, then a Medium to Medium-Low speed for 10 seconds, then Medium to Medium-High speed for 20 seconds.
- For Vitamix blender: Start at VARIABLE speed 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to VARIABLE speed 10/HIGH and blend until smooth (about 30-45 seconds) OR use the SMOOTHIE setting.
2. Almond Strawberries Smoothie
- 1 Cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 Cup almonds (get from the Amazon selection here), soaked overnight
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 dates
Refrigerate almonds soaking in water overnight. In the morning, rinse and peel them; the skin should slide right off. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Enjoy!
3. Almond Coconut Smoothie
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
Combine with workouts for the greatest success
For women who work from home, considering strolling around the neighborhood twice a day. Or incorporate a yoga routine into your morning activities.
A moderate amount of protein can be consumed before physical activity. But at least 20 grams of high- quality protein should be consumed afterward to provide amino acids to the muscles, repairing any damage and inciting growth. Keep this up, and results will become visible in no time.
What is your body fat percentage? What is your favorite protein source foods for building muscle? How do you prepare it? Please write your comment on the comment column and I will be more than happy reply to your comment.
If you like this article, share this article by clicking the picture below. Sharing is caring.